Tuesday, March 30, 2004

RIP --- Greta Grand Am

Well today was the day Greta was supposed to come home to me. Sadly it's not looking to be the case. Once the new head gasket was placed on Greta, the mechanic noticed that water was still leaking into the motor. Greta's motor is now not functional.

Greta passed away at 3:00 p.m. today. She wasn't the best car car in the world. She had many problems to overcome in the 4 out of 10 years she spent in my keeping, but we got through all of those. All the water pumps and the fuel pumps...the other head gasket....countless sets of brakes. It was all fixable and she motored on.

She took me to work almost everyday....endless miles to Monroeville, West Mifflin and finally the short drive from Fallowfield Twp back home. She complained not at all when I played the stereo loud. She even survived a run in with a deer. Bless her heart.

Her death comes at a bad time. I had to turn down a job with the temp agency because of her problem, and now I don't know when I'll have a car. Being out of work for 8 months and all, it's hard to come up with that kind of money.

I doubt I'll go quiet over this..but things couldn't get much worse. In fact, I doubt at this point that they can even get better.

So join me while I sing Bright Eyes...to my beautiful teal green grand am..greta...



Is it a kind of dream,
Floating out on the tide,
Following the river of death downstream?
Oh, is it a dream?

There's a fog along the horizon,
A strange glow in the sky.
And nobody seems to know where you go.
And what does it mean?
Oh, is it a dream?

Bright eyes,
Burning like fire.
Bright eyes,
How can you close and fail?
How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes.

Is it a kind of shadow,
Reaching into the night,
Wandering over the hills unseen?
Or is it a dream?

There's a high wind in the trees,
A cold sound in the air.
And nobody ever knows when you go.
And where do you start,
Oh, into the dark?