Saturday, March 13, 2004

Goodnight Irene Goodnight

My mix cds and the mix cds my friends have made me need a home. Seriously! They are piling up on the floor and look terribly lonesome there. I have to find someplace nice for them to reside when they aren't in my cd player. It's funny, but the 'real' cds don't get spun as much as the mixes do. I haven't figured out why that is. Maybe it's the personal touch that comes with a mix cd or maybe it's just a short attention span. I don't know.

The mixes I've received lately have just managed to make things look better in my life, so to those of you I've swapped with, I thank you many times over.

I just wish there was someplace nice I could store them. I'm so short of space in my house, things start piling up on the floor and well, everywhere. It doesn't help matters that I'm a pack rat either. So the poor dears must content themselves with being scattered on the floor, or get lost in the shuffle somewhere.

So much in my life is disorganized. My cds are usually the only thing that isn't. And it's true for the most part; I have everything stored in alphabetical and chronological order. The newbie discs are what lurk in piles.

My computer is like that too. I sort things out for awhile and then harvest them over to cdrws. I think it's time for another harvesting. There are so many pretty things that need to be moved to disc. I just hate to move them. I love to open my folders and gaze at the beauty that is Justin Hayward or John Lodge or David Bowie or Elvis Costello...etc etc. When they are on disc, I tend to forget about them. That's sad.

It's probably a good thing I'm not that way with my writing. Another milestone was reached today, my novel that I've been working on for over a year now (in different forms) has reached 330 pages. I realize it probably stinks, but I'm enjoying the process again. I've written 25 pages this week, 5 a day. Hopefully I'll see it finished soon, because my mind is cluttered with new ideas for stories. (and one that needs finishing)

I think while I have a few people reading Man Out of Time, I'll start brushing up on a vampire story I started two years ago. I've already let a few people read what I had written previously and I think the feedback has been pretty good. If not I have an idea for a historical novel, much like the Love Eternal story I had written earlier this year. It's a bit of a fanfiction, about Justin Hayward, but not in the classic sense of fanfiction. I'm very proud of that one. Next to Distorted Angel, which can be found on my Such Unlikely Stories page, I like that one best.

So it seems the two constants in my life are music and writing, even if the writing is the sillyness that I type here. I suppose as long as there's at least one person reading I'll go on.

0 comments: