Friday, March 26, 2004

In My World

Gee a bunch of things going on as I type this morning. (Early morning, as I haven't gone to bed yet) I'm kinda getting personal on you guys again, so forgive me.

I'll go with the fun bits first.

~ I'm having a Mix CD Swap. All the details are located at my Art Of The Mix Blog. I've linked you to the post. It contains the email to send me your info and all the details you need to sign up. I will tell you the theme here, "Put A Spring In Your Step." I hope some of you can participate. I have 4 people signed up today, so I'm really thrilled. The swap is open to the world really, my first participant is from France!

~ I want to tell all of you that left congratulations for me yesterday a huge thank you. And I'm so honored that so many of you want to read it. I told someone before that I'm content if a few people get enjoyment from something I've written. I know 9 people that were pleased with the story. The more the merrier. I hope Alexa, Everett and Tristan touch your lives as much as they have mine.

~ I'm already working on another story. It was a project I started about oh...3 years ago, and it never got finished. It's a vampire historical romance. I think this one borders on erotica. If you can imagine, the storyline is something like Anne Rice meets Tim Burton meets Anais Nin and they all get together and write a book.

If you aren't familiar with Anais Nin, she's an author from the early part of the 20th century, who's erotica is simply incredible. If you're interested, I highly recommend the collection of short stories entitled "Delta of the Venus." I stumbled across it when I was in high school. A very enlightening read, I must say. But well done. Jackie Collins only wishes she wrote half as well.

~ I have an interview for a part time job today at 1 p.m. At this point any job will do. I almost don't care what the job is as long as it helps pay the bills.

~ The status on Greta the Grand Am? She's still in the Car Car Hospital. The doctor that was to perform her surgery got the flu and she hasn't even been taken into the operating room. So it looks like another week without a car! Anyone want to cry with me?

~ I was listening to my "ME" mix today and I discovered, the song I put on it as my General Favorite Song is probably my Most Favorite Song. What is it? The Moody Blues - Highway.

I will never fully understand how they have become my most favorite band. Especially when I listen to the likes of Elvis Costello, Oingo Boingo and the Damned. Of course you all know I love the Beatles too, so that may be part of it. But sometime last year I was exposed to the song Your Wildest Dreams again. A song I absolutely adored in the 80s. I wanted to be the girl in the video. (so much so that I wrote a story about her...and the Hayward)

Well, I did a mix of songs with the days of the week in them, and I discovered Tuesday Afternoon. That was it. I was done for. Then I saw the face of the Hayward. Heart and Soul belonged to this band.

I was disappointed when I learned their studio release in 2003 was going to be a Christmas CD. I groaned and grumbled for months, until 3 days before it's release when I heard the first strains of December Snow and Don't Need a Reindeer.

If you buy one Christmas CD in the coming year, buy a copy of the Moody Blues December. You'll never regret it.

~ My brother found a picture of my mother when she was making her first communion..or her confirmation or something that required a young girl to wear a veil. I was struck dumb. In all my 29 years I never thought I looked like my mother. I know now that I do.

This is my mum





This is me




Strange I always thought I looked like my dad's side of the family. I was wrong.