Friday, March 12, 2004

Up From The Ashes

Gee, I've not been the updating fool I usually am these past few days. I've even resorted to doing lots of meme's. Why? Have I run out of rants? NO! Never fear I always have a rant or two hidden away for when I need it most. I've been really concentrating on working on my novel this week. I've probably written at least 20 pages this week. I'm quite pleased with the way it's turning out too. I've also been trying to read Out of Africa. I don't know why, but I just can't get into it. It has nothing to do with the writing or the subject matter, I just can't get into it. I don't feel any excitement or involvement with the author and the people who's lives she's sharing with this story. I feel guilty, about 70 pages in, I started to read a regency romance, and I've finished that already.

In other news, Siouxsie and the Banshee's former guitarist John McGeoch died this week. I finally found an article about it online. He died in his sleep at age 48. Such a sad thing.

In personal news, I've been on a diet since Sunday. I'm doing well I think. The major issue in this isn't so much the not eating. I think I have that under control, it's the not drinking soda. I can't say this enough. I need Coca Cola to survive! In the past five days, I've had one can a day. The rest of the time I'm thirsty etc, I've been drinking water.

Ah the foolish things we do to be thin.

Even better still, the foolish reasons why we want to be thin. What should it matter that I'm thin for 2 upcoming concerts? No one of any importance is going to see me, and if they did, I highly doubt my weight would figure into things. OK, maybe in some cases it might. Wouldn't want my moody men to turn and run.

So hopefully next week, springlike weather will show up and I'll be able to add walking to my regimine. To think last summer I was walking 5 miles a day on the walking path. Oh how things change. So that's what's been going on with me, what about you?

0 comments: