Thursday, March 25, 2004

Another Personal Post

Well yesterday marked a humungous milestone in my life. The novel I've been working on, in some form or another, is finished. It's a first draft, meaning I still have editing I want to do. Nine wonderful ladies have been reading it over the course of time, helping me along and encouraging me not to give up.

So before I say anymore I want to say thank you to



Cheryl - My Head Cheerleader
Linda - My Editor, who was brutal at times.
Tonie - Who made sure it was properly sexy
Christine - Another Cheerleader
Callie - Yet another Cheerleader
Shirley - A good friend
Kim - A Cheerleader and a HUGE help through some rough spots
Deb - Another fabulous Cheerleader
Linds - A fellow writer who was there in the beginning when the story really sucked.

If you look in the archives of this blog (though I don't recommend it), you'll find the first incarnation of the story now known as MOOT. Man Out of Time, now more aptly titled, Broken Dreams had it's humble beginnings here. When I started it, I never thought it would grow to the proportions that it has. It has it's roots in fanfiction, though it's evolved to the point where you'd never guess who inspired half the characters. I'm not telling who they are unless you make a few guesses first and then ask nicely. The nine mentioned above know who they are, and one other person does too.

The version of the story that was finished today and was started back in August. In between then and now I completed about 4 short stories. (fanfictions all revolving around a certain blonde man) Work began again in earnest around December 15. The story doubled in length by New Year's Eve.

Updates were slow for awhile after that, but I never gave up. Those 9 ladies wouldn't let me, and let me tell you there were many many times when I wanted to throw in the towel, when ideas wouldn't come to me.

So what is MOOT/Broken Dreams about?

It's the story of a thirty something writer whose life has always revolved around her best friend Everett. When his marriage turns sour, his life and hers turn upside down. Old loves and new friends abound. Jealousy threatens to tear a friendship and a love apart.

This is the story of Alexa Duncan, Everett Connor and his soon to be ex-wife, Jodi Conner and Tristan Hanover the musician that was engaged to Alexa years ago, and still holds her heart. All there lives are entwined through marriage and friendship.

Anyone who would like to read my creation, my baby can leave a comment below with an email that you'd like it to be sent to. I'll warn you now, it's big. The document is 395 pages long.

I will ask that anyone that reads it give me feedback, as I will want to go into editing in the next few weeks. So I hope some of you are fast readers. Not to worry though if you want to read it. I love all of you guys, and I think you'll get to know me better in reading this story.

It's been my life for so long.

And one last thank you. To a person who will never know how much he's helped this story grow from a tiny MOOTling to the novel Broken Dreams. A title I borrowed from one of his songs. And it's because of his songs that this story became what it is.

THANK YOU JUSTIN HAYWARD!



Thank you for:

Never Comes The Day
Meanwhile
In My World
Deep
And all the others that put me in the right direction. And for one other reason, I don't think I have to mention.