Sunday, February 29, 2004

Sunday Brunch

I feel bad I missed this one from last week. It's so appropriate to my life. So without further ado Sunday Brunch.

The Concert Circuit

1. How far would you or have you travelled to see a concert?
Well Youngstown, OH is the farthest I've travelled for a concert. Which is about 90 miles give or take a few. If the Moody Blues don't come to Pittsburgh this year, I may find myself in Atlantic City or Easton, PA. Which would be the farthest I've gone for any band. So Moodies, please just come to the Burgh. Why? Cos gas prices are supposed to skyrocket this summer, and I'm always the designated driver.

2. What is the best concert you've seen?
It's a tie; The Moody Blues 11/16/03 and Elvis Costello 10/19/02. The two best shows ever. Words couldn't begin to describe how fantastic these two show were. I will say this, two songs that you'll come to love even more live; Costello's I Want You and The Moody Blues Don't Need A Reindeer. Ah hell, you have to love Don't Need A Reindeer regardless.

3. What is the worst concert you've seen?
Worst? Oh dear, not sure if any of them were worst. I'd change this to disappointing, to which this would be David Bowie's Outside concert I saw in was it 95. Not for a shoddy performance or anything like that, but because his setlist was made up of all the songs from the then new Outside CD and when he played Pittsburgh, the album wasn't released yet. Very disappointing, especially since the only two old songs he did were Scary Monsters and Andy Warhol. Plus NIN was the opening act and the losers there to see them, left before Bowie came on. What a bunch of wankers.

4. Have you met a performer after a concert?
Yes, I met Elvis Costello after the show in Pittsburgh in '02. There's a picture around here somewhere. I've met a few before the show too, but that wasn't the question.




There now, all my readers will perish from seeing my ugliness.

5. What singer would you like to meet most?
Meet as in get a hug from and possibly get in a picture with them? Is that what this question is asking?

I'd like to have more than 5 seconds with this man



That would be Justin Hayward, in case you've forgotten.