Thursday, March 18, 2004

Since When Is It Personal?

Forgive me for my one lapse. It isn't often that you really hear about my life on this journal. I never really intended any of you to know me that well, unless of course you asked. But you know what? Today, you're going to learn more than you ever wanted to know about me.

Yeah, I can feel your glee all the way here in my hamlet of Charleroi. That's a lot of glee, cos I'm sure all of you are in far more exciting places than this. For those of you that don't know, Charleroi, is a suburb of a suburb of a suburb (kinda like To Our Children's Children's Children) of Pittsburgh. (yeah, Pittsurgh is with an H in PA)

I am a 29 year old (almost thirty...grrrrr) sometimes secretary, sometimes retail manager with no direction in life whatsoever. I had direction in my life, but as always a wrench got thrown into the works and that disappeared.

The past two years of my life been complete hell. With the wonderful economy I've gone through more jobs now than when I was out of school. Hell, I'm currently unemployed, but that's a rant in itself.

Six months before the whole, job fiasco started, my mother had another heart attack. Yes, I said another. This would be number 4 or 5, and we were all quite scared that this was going to be the big one. These go back to my last semester in college, when she had the first one that sent her via life flight to Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh. It made starting school that winter so much fun.

So as you might have figured, I live at home with my family, there's nowhere else to go. And when you're as goofy looking and as goofy as me, you don't find many people that will go out with you. Plus when they find out that you don't really care about going out, they really lose interest.

Oye, I'm sounding bitter.

Let's not go there. That's just a bad thing. I don't mean to get down on myself too much.

Have I mentioned I love music? There now that's a nice change of subject. You probably guessed that by now, if you've looked around the blog. You might even have a guess of who my favorite artists are. Hmmm if you scroll down past this post I'm sure you'll see. ~cough~ Justin Hayward.

I've had a thing for 60's music since I was five years old. My first two loves were The Monkees and The Beatles in that order. Some kids watched cartoons, I watched The Monkees and dreamed that I would be Davy's Daydream Believer. Do ya want to know something? Sometimes I still do.

As for the Beatles I think I've always had a thing for Paul and George. You never heard anyone cry as much as I did when George passed away. When Cloud 9 came out in the fall of 87 I harrassed record store employees for weeks for information. That CD had its release date pushed back at least 3 times, it was unnerving. It was probably more unnerving that they were being bugged by a 13 year old about a Harrison CD.

Over time, I did pick up on the music of the decade that I grew up in. It fills the room I sit in now. (You know, Duran Duran, Adam Ant, Depeche Mode, Erasure...etc) I kinda lost the 90's in music. Nothing about it really suited me. It was a lot of boybands and grunge and I like my music to sound pretty. To me there's more musical value in punk than grunge. (I get comic value out of punk) ~grins and thinks of Captain Sensible singing The Turkey Song~

Even now, my musical taste still drifts back. Mostly to the 60's and 80's. Elvis Costello is one of my favorite staples, when he's not being an in love sap, that makes me want to be sick. Dear God, Elvis, the honeymoon is over, could you please snark for awhile, just so that I know you're still there?

Ah and I also write. Have I mentioned that? Yes, I know many times. And yeah, you all know that I'm working on a novel that's almost finished. You know that it's working title is Man Out of Time, or MOOT for short. Did you know that I have a real title for it. Ha! You didn't know that did ya! ~grins smugly~ Not telling ya what it is yet either, that's a surprise.

In the course of the past year, between fanfictions and the novel, I've written about 600 typewritten pages. Some are located in my Such Unlikely Stories site, (forgive the typos) the others are in my yahoo groups. I highly doubt the Hayward fics will make it to that site, because they are so long, and to do the html code for them, well, would drive me completely bonkers.

So there, you know something about me now. You even know that I have to register for a temp agency on Monday and I'm scared to death about it. Why? Cos I told you. And Why? Cos My typing isn't the greatest, but I've always managed to eek by.

There now. Have I scared ya?



Ok, I have now. And that's Eddie Izzard with me in case you didn't know.

That's all I'm telling, anything else remains a secret.

0 comments: