Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tuesday Tunes - Week 4

From Music Memoirs


If you could buy one album right now, which one would it be?


I really want Queen Latifah's Travelin' Light. I've heard it and it's wonderful. I need a copy and her Dana Owen's Album as well.




Have you read any rock related biographies? If so what was the most recent one you've read? Did you like it?


The last rock related bio I read was Pattie Boyd's Wonderful Tonight. It was disappointing, to say the least. Not well organized and worse still, her facts were off, and it's her life story!!!



Right now I'm reading Donovan's The Hurdy Gurdy Man



This one is much better so far.

Oct 9th would have been John Lennon's 67th birthday. List a few things about John that you know. Random facts, songs, or just things about John that mean something to you, if you are a fan.

~ In my senior year of high school, I used a Lennon line from A Hard Day's Night to flirt with a cute redheaded guy I was crushing on. I said, "Give us a kiss." And guess what? He did!

~ I've never been a huge fan of John's solo material, with the exception of the song Nobody Told Me which I can listen to over and over again.

~ Nowhere Man is my personal anthem.

~ I always thought that Lennon specs were pretty cool

~ This is my favorite Lennon book.



~ Elvis Costello takes a shot at Lennon in the lyrics to The Other Side Of Summer with the words, "Wasn't it a millionaire who said imagine no possessions?"

0 comments: