Friday, October 05, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 144

From Music Memoirs


Top 5 cover songs that are better then the originals


Elvis Costello - Brilliant Disguise (Springsteen cover)
I'm not a fan of The Boss, so this had to be a come up in the world for this song.

Elvis Costello - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (The Animals cover)
There's something about his version from King Of America that's just pure sex. I melt when I hear his version of this song.

Elvis Costello - Beautiful (Christina Aguilera cover)
I think that I shouldn't have to say anymore, considering who did the original right?

Adam Ant - Hello, I Love You (The Doors Cover)
This was never my favorite song by The Doors, but I love Adam's version. Of course I have a fondness for the Antman.

Duran Duran - Femme Fatale (Velvet Underground Cover)
The DD boys do better versions of any Lou Reed song. Mind you I've always thought Lou Reed was the Anti-Christ....but still


and/or

Top 5 Beatles or Beatles-related covers
(Knowing full well that these can never be better than the original)


Jim Sturgess - I've Just Seen A Face
(From the Across The Universe Soundtrack. In fact most of the Beatles covers on that one are pretty darn good)

Elvis Costello - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
(This one was done as a b-side around the time he was writing with McCartney. I love it.)

Siouxsie & The Banshees - Dear Prudence
(Siouxsie seems to like covering bizarre songs. She also did Blue Jay Way live.)

Boingo - I Am The Walrus
(I can't resist Danny Elfman, what can I say?)

Justin Hayward - Blackbird
(Very pretty. That's all I can say about that one)

0 comments: