Monday, October 15, 2007

Sad Times


One of my favorite rock/goth couples has split up. Siouxsie and Budgie of Banshees and Creatures fame have divorced, or so I've been hearing.

They've been together almost as long as I've been alive! 25 years. That's a long time for anyone.

~sigh~

Now I realize that most people are going, Mistress of the Dark, why are you upset by this? Who are Siouxsie and Budgie anyway?

Well, I can't help it, they just seemed like one of those celebrity couples that would be together til death do them part. Like Paul and Linda McCartney! Like Justin and Marie the Hag Hayward. (Though that one doesn't give me the warm fuzzies like Paul and Linda's marriage did)

Ah well, I guess there's very little of that anymore anyway.

I still can't help but be a little bit depressed by it. That means there's never going to be another Creatures album and the chance of Siouxsie and The Banshees reuniting again is slim to nil, and they were one of my favorite goth/punk/new wave bands.

0 comments: