Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bye Bye Money

I never realized how expensive refrigerators were until I saw the total for the new one I bought for my family (mom and dad) last night at Lowes. The total? $633 which was slightly more than I wanted to spend, but that was because I bought the protection plan on the unit.

I know it was by no means the most expensive refrigerator there. Actually, it was most likely one of the cheapest, but hey, we have a 50 + year old one in our basement that still works and a small unit, dorm style, that mom bought last summer.

I can't believe how expensive one appliance can be. Some of the models were close to $2000.

Yikes!

That's more than I paid for my crappy little Beretta! Yes, more expensive than my car!

~sigh~

Which goes to show how cheap/poor I am.

On a plus, I'll have the $633 paid off by the end of the month, so I'm really not in debt that much.

0 comments: