Friday, October 19, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 146

From Music Memoirs


Top 5 songs that creep you out/Any songs, that for whatever reason other than purely being bad music, make the hair on your neck rise?


I guess that leaves out Yummy Yummy Yummy and Hot Rod Lincoln. Tee Hee.

1. Dicky Lee - Laurie (Strange Things Happen In This World)
The premise of the song, teenage boy falls in love with a girl, who he finds out has been dead for a year. Uh...erm...yeah! Creepy song!

And if you don't believe me, clicky here to view the lyrics.

2. Elvis Costello - I Want You
I love this song but it creeps me out regardless. I would never want to be the woman that dumps this man. Yikes!



3. Gary Puckett & The Union Gap - Young Girl
Yeah, Gary, I know you didn't write it and I know it was a huge hit for you, but the subject matter. Yikes! The worst part is the world sings along and doesn't think about the words.


4. Paul McCartney - That Day Is Done
Something about this song has always made me feel uneasy. I think that's why it made my Halloween mix. Its so different from what Paul McCartney usually sings about.



5. J. Frank Wilson - Last Kiss
OMG WTF was up with all the kids dying in songs in the late 50's - early 60's.
This one is particularly creepy.

Clicky here to read the lyrics.

I'd like to thank all the DJs at the Pickle for the first 2 songs that creep me out a few times a week. (Well the first one only at Halloween, but that last one!! ARGH!!!)

0 comments: