Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Started Writing Again!

For the millionth time yesterday I started a story. This one is a bit different in some ways. Three people in my life may notice I've characterized them. I don't usually do that but I was writing in friends for my main characters...who appeared in a story I started last year but abandoned. I've abandoned at least 3 stories all around the same characters this year. Not a good thing.

This time I decided to take Danielle and Robin's story and give it a twist. I'm turning it into a romantic fairytale with a small twist.

I managed to get a whole page written last night. I'm not getting excited about that though, because that's how far I've gotten into several stories since last February, when I seemed to acquire a total block. I'm hoping this one will be the one that allows me to go on from page one.

I'm not holding out much hope though. With all the things going on in my life I don't know how I'll be able to sit down and actually try to get the story down. I just don't have the time to do that, and when I do I have no inspiration.

All I seem to be able to handle these days is blogging and that's not very satisfying to a person that loves to write. I guess the main problem I have is that I haven't had a plot I truly liked. In the past, my stories have lived in my head waiting to jump out. Not so with anything I've attempted recently. Maybe this one will be different. The idea hasn't left my head recently, it's just been a matter of forcing myself to sit down and actually write. I never thought I'd say that doing that was hard.

I guess we'll see in the coming days if I can get that ball rolling. My friends on Livejournal will know, because I'm going to be posting the story over there.

Wish me luck.

0 comments: