Monday, November 01, 2004

Monday Monday

Some random thoughts from the peanut gallery this gloomy Monday.

~ It's a good thing Halloween is over, cos all this candy is very detrimental to my diet.

If you are what you eat, I'm going to start looking like a peanut M & M very soon. I at least hope I have the decency of being a green one.

~ I was having weird Elvis Costello/Diana Krall dreams again last night. I dreamt he was hosting a talk show and his wife was a guest.

My brain is officially mush. What happened to the nice dreams where I snog Elvis and then Diana comes to kick my butt or something at least half as amusing. Mr. Costello hosting a talk show is not exciting, but I will thank him for showing up in my dreams again.

~ Finding Neverland had a special screening on Saturday. That's so wrong. Most of the valley had trick or treat that night, so there was no one to go with. Now I have to wait until late November to see the new Johnny Depp movie.

And if this isn't a good enough reason to see the movie



I don't know what is.

~ Vh-1 Classic sent my Halloween out with a bang. At 11:59 they played Oingo Boingo's Weird Science on their alternative hour!



This was back when Danny Elfman was one helluva sexy red head!

~ Speaking of Vh-1 Classic, they are also playing the Duran Duran Arena Concert this coming Friday. What's the chance of me remembering to watch?

Probably something like Snowball Fight in this guy's domain Devil 4

Now it's time to do the Music Mambo from BDI

1. Desert Island Discs, the age old question, what 5 albums from your collection would you want with you on a desert island? (Assuming that you had limitless batteries and a discman)
I answered this question yesterday in an email to Kristy at Vintage Rock.

As of yesterday, these were the discs that I can't live without:

Elvis Costello - Blood & Chocolate
The Moody Blues - Strange Times
Justin Hayward - The View From A Hill
The Beatles - Rubber Soul

GAH..I can't remember what I picked for the fifth one.

Right now I wouldn't mind Duran Duran's Astronaut to come with me.

2. After getting in your car, you realize you've forgotten your favorite disc in "the crib". You turn off the engine to go back inside to fetch it. You're late for work because it takes you 20 minutes to find it. What cd was worth the trouble?
It's a mix CD, because I generally don't take any of my cd collection in my car. My car CD player is an evil CD munching machine, and I'll not have it chowing down on any of my precious babies.

This might be the disc I go hunting for.

3. What is on your most wanted list for music right now?

Julia Fordham's That's Life
Alison Moyet - Voice
Japanese versions of Elvis Costello's North and Delivery Man (I want them bonus tracks!)
Justin Hayward's Night Flight (for the bonus tracks)
Caroline Lavelle's A Distant Bell
Annie Haslam's One Enchanted Evening and The Dawn of Ananda

I think that's all for now. At least of stuff that's been released.

4. You're given a gift card for $100.00 at your favorite music store, what do you buy with it?

Sadly the only disc I can buy with the gift card is the Julia Fordham disc, because most of the others are things that are imports or mail order only. I'd probably pick up some CDRs so I could burn some mixes and then start perusing the listening posts to see if there was something new that I just had to have. BTW, my gift card would probably be from Borders or Best Buy.

5. Recommend me...

a) a song Elvis Costello - The Delivery Man

b) an album Duran Duran - Astronaut

c) a band The Story/Jonatha Brooke

d) a video Hope, Prayer and Time - Julia Fordham (Click the link and scroll down to watch)

If you want to hear my recommended song and you have a gmail account or another email that can support me sending an mp3, just leave a comment with your email and I'll send it to you so you can enjoy the snarky beauty of Elvis. Heck if you want a sample of Astronaut of The Story...I can send you a song by either band as well.

0 comments: