Sunday, November 21, 2004

I've Found Neverland

Well, our little neck of the woods had another sneak peak at Finding Neverland. There were about 3 theaters that were showing it one time, yesterday and today. So Lady Starlight and I went off to the Hollywood Theater.

The movie was truly wonderful. I really recommend it.



And mind you, I'm not a fan of Peter Pan. I think that's mostly Disney's fault, but that's neither here nor there.

Johnny Depp was marvelous in playing J.M. Barrie. And the telling of his story, though perhaps not on the mark with real life was still wonderful. You easily fall in love with him and all the characters. Considering I'm not fond of child actors, I was surprised that I found all the little boys in the film to be absolutely adorable.

If you want to read a short bio on J.M. Barrie, click here. I think it's rather interesting, especially if you plan on seeing the film, or have seen it.

Here's a link to another site about Barrie and the Davies family.

The second link will give you a better idea of how close Barrie was to the Davies family. Though perhaps you won't want to take a look until after you've seen the movie, because they did alter real life quite a bit.

Anyway, Finding Neverland was a lovely movie, not one the Depp films I'll revisit over and over, like Chocolat or Edward Scissorhands, but definitely a brilliant film, and frankly the man deserves an Oscar for it.

Giving Thanks

Sleepy

I'm thankful for Cranberry Mustard. It's sold at Hickory Farms.



Mmmm it's so yummy and if you don't get it in the first few weeks that they have the little kioskes at the malls, it's gone. I got 2 jars today!

0 comments: