Saturday, November 13, 2004

I woke up feeling strange...

Stop laughing! Ok, I woke up feeling stranger than usual. It was that feeling that I might be getting sick, but I couldn't pinpoint what was wrong, other than a headache that didn't quite merit taking a tylenol for it.

I did have the attention span of a fruit fly today, if that means anything. (And saying that might be insulting the fruit fly) Are there any strange viruses out there that turn a functioning brain into mush without warning?

That makes me glad that I didn't work on my writing project, or maybe I should have, because I started to reread some things I had worked on this past year, and I determined that most of it is crap. I should probably toss in the towel on ever becoming published, because it's all crap C-R-A-P.

when I start feeling that way, it's best to just stop for a day or two. Feelings of crap have caused me to toss several years of work into the recycle bin. I've been working on the current project for two months and I don't want to do junk it, just yet, even though I have a feeling it too might be crap.

Which is why I'm thankful for Blog Explosion and mix cds. 30 seconds is about all the time I can stand to look at anything today. And even then I find myself drifting off to other things. I cleaned out stuff on my hard drive today. How pathetic is that? No, don't answer, I already know.

The Duran Duran mix mentioned in the last post is almost compiled, and oddly, I had to rip more than half the tracks to my hard drive, defeating the cleaning I had done, of course.

For those of you interested this is how it's shaping up. I list the song first and the album afterwards

Big Thing - Big Thing
Falling Angel - UK issue of The Wedding Album
The Sun Doesn't Shine Forever - Pop Trash
Someone Else, Not Me - Pop Trash
Serious - Liberty
I Believe/ All I Need To Know - B side of All She Wants Is
Bedroom Toys - Astronaut
Secret Oktober - B side of Union of the Snake
New Moon On Monday - Seven and the Ragged Tiger
Lay Lady Lay - Thank You
None of the Above - The Wedding Album
Like An Angel - B side of My Own way
Electric Barbarella - Medazzaland
Vertigo - Notorious
Ordinary World - The Wedding Album
To the Shore - European issue of Duran Duran

I'll probably add a few more tracks to fill the CD, but I think it's coming along well. Compiling these tracks is probably the most productive thing I've done all day.

And I still feel strange....

0 comments: