Friday, November 05, 2004

My Musical Mood

Yesterday was an odd day, to say the least. I may be called back to work as early as Monday. I really wish this would happen. Being closeted up this way is no fun. I was drained yesterday, for a number of reasons and I didn't get anything accomplished. (OK, I did drool on some lovely pictures yesterday, but that hardly counts as doing something)

So last night, after I had gone to Curves to do my daily bouncing/exercise, I sat down to make a mix. I haven't burned it yet. I'm not sure if I will, because it's such an emotionally charged bunch of tunes for me, that I might not be able to listen to it more than once.

But for those of you curious, these are the tunes I've picked.

The mix is titled - Things Can Only Get Better?

Annie Haslam - It's All Over Now Baby Blue
Alison Moyet - God Give Me Strength
The Moody Blues - Lost In A Lost World
Tanita Tikaram - For All These Years
Jimmy Buffett - Fruitcakes
Nick Lowe - Between Dark & Dawn
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
Paul McCartney - Angry
Elvis Costello - Needle Time
Tears For Fears - Mad World
The Monkees - Zor & Zam
Boingo - War Again
Duran Duran - One Of Those Days
Midge Ure - May Your Good Lord
Erasure - The Circus
Sarah McLachlan - World On Fire
K.D. Lang - Anywhere But Here

I think this mix suits how I feel about life and the state of the world right now, which is pretty much a mixture of sadness, anger and confusion.

0 comments: