Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Discovering New Music From Blogland

In the past few months I've discovered some really lovely female vocalists while visiting people's blogs.

Now I'll be the first to admit that I don't like opening a blog to be assualted by some loud obnoxious song. I don't like opening a webpage to midi files either. Even on the lovely Mr. Hayward's site, I tend to bypass the musical introduction to get to the actual page.

That's just me.

But there are exceptions to the rule of course and other ways that people share what they are listening to and enjoying. Some people have Radio Blogs and others post links to what they are listening to via Amazon. (I should do that, but no one would be interested)

It's because of those things, that I found some new female singers to add to my collection. In this enlightened age, why is it so difficult to find a female singer/musician that isn't all about T & A, with little talent other than looking good in next to nothing to recommend them?

I admit they are out there, but they are few and far between. These are a few of the women I've discovered in blogland worth giving a listen to:

Lara Fabian - A Wonderful Life (a beautiful song, from an album not yet released in the US.)

Renee Olstead - Way to young to be able to sing this way. I don't usually rave about the under 20 crowd, but if you like jazzpop, Renee is worth a listen. The song that I found: A Love That Will Last.

Keri Noble - Thoughtful lyrics and a strong voice. I recommend Talk To Me.

Thanks to all the bloggers out there who post their favorites and what they are listening too. So I'll pose this question to everyone that stops by today, What are you listening to?

0 comments: