Monday, November 08, 2004

Music Mambo

Ok, here's the meme that I create weekly. The questions without answers can be found here. So, if you like these questions go post your answers on your blog and go to BDI and leave a comment so we can all come and see your answers too.

Music made me the person I am today because without music, I would have no inspiration. Songs are the driving force in my writing. I've found that when I hit a slump in a story, if I just sit for a few hours with winamp on shuffle I can find some song that suits my characters.

Music is in my blood. It's the thing that keeps me going, that makes me happy. It's why life is worth living.

The first time I heard I'll Follow The Sun, I knew that I was meant to be a Beatles fan.

Boybands make me want to run screaming from the room.

Erasure makes me want to get up and dance.

Elvis Costello is my favorite, because in his career he's tapped so many different styles of music and adapted them to suit himself. His lyrics can be thought-provoking, sensual, sexual, silly and sarcastic. (probably a few others too) His voice is unique in a you either love it or you hate it way. I love it, if you haven't guessed.

If I want to relax, I listen to Diana Krall, Caroline Lavelle, The Moody Blues.

If it weren't for Tina, I never would have listened to Erasure and what a loss that would be.

Music is the language that speaks to the heart, the soul and the mind. It's a language that is universal. It's can convey every emotion, even when you don't understand the language that the lyrics may be in.

0 comments: