Friday, November 26, 2004

Digital Downloads

OK, I'm about to succomb to the digital download frenzy. Erasure's new single, Breathe, will be out on Monday via the internet.

One word to describe how I feel about that: Squee!

I've never purchased a download from Itunes or any other retailer. (I can't use Itunes until I get Windows XP at Christmas) I have no idea how it works, but I'm going to be paying 2 dollars for a song! ARGH!

Something just doesn't seem right about that.

I don't think I'll ever completely succumb to this form of media for music. I like something tangible. I want to have a pretty disc to hold in my hand and not a file on my computer, but so I can hear the song before it gets released in the US, I will buy it. Because I need new Erasure goodness.

Of course once I start buying downloads, I'll probably become addicted. I just hope burning them to CD doesn't become something that I learn to hate.

0 comments: