Thursday, November 18, 2004

The Midweek Music Meme

I forgot to check for this one yesterday. It wasn't a good day yesterday anyway. No need for anything fun.

Today will be better. Therefore the meme.

What album do you have that most people haven't heard of and you would proselytize to your friends?

Before I answer, I must say, do we really have to use big words in an meme? Do we really?

So for those like me who stared at the word proselytize, here's the definition:

To convert to some religion, system, opinion, or the like; to
bring, or cause to come, over; to proselyte.

So I won't bore you with talk of The Moody Blues. By now if you don't like them well then, it's your loss. Same with Elvis Costello and Duran Duran and Oingo Boingo.

I'll go for someone more interesting and obscure, Bernie Barlow.

The album you have to have is Golden. It's an indy release and I think you can only purchase it through Bernie's website.

Bernie is a fabulous singer. If she wasn't I wouldn't have named my 89 Chevy Beretta after her, right?

She's also one of the backing vocalists for the Moody Blues. She's got a infectious smile on stage and a funky wardrobe. But that's not why you want to listen to her.

It's the voice. A woman that can sing..that doesn't go prancing around in her bra etc.



It's really a terrific album, with not a bad song on it. Go to her site and listen to the clips. Oh and watch the video from her old band Garden of Joy. The song is called Eyes of a Child and it's really wonderful.

Bernie is my idol!

0 comments: