Monday, November 22, 2004

The best Christmas CD ever




It's that time of year again, where I will endeavor to convince at least one of you to purchase a Moody Blues CD.

Please! Buy December!

OK, maybe I shouldn't make it sound so desperate. It's not as if the guys need the cash. After all, one of them has a house in Monaco.

Then again, John Lodge drives a Jeep Cherokee, so maybe...

BUY DECEMBER!

Seriously, this album, which was released last October, is truly a beautiful holiday album. It's not all Christmas tunes, which is refreshing, because sometimes, well, Christmas albums can seem so contrived.

There are songs that everyone knows and loves...like White Christmas, When A Child Is Born and a unique cover of Lennon's Happy Xmas (War Is Over), but those aren't the reasons you want this album

You want this album for beautiful songs like December Snow, Yes, I Believe and Don't Need a Reindeer.

No I lie, you'll want this album for Don't Need A Reindeer. The rest won't matter. You'll hear this one song, it will stick in your head and you'll be lost. The other 10 songs will be beautiful, but you'll keep singing "Don't need a reindeer, don't need the snow...tell me you love me and I'm ready to go," into July.

The best part of this album, besides Don't Need A Reindeer? Well, it's a Moody Blues album and these things just aren't very frequent and whenever you get one, you should treasure it like the fine jewel that it is.

Oh and by the way...I do need a Rudolph

On a scale of 1-5 (with five being the greatest)
StarStarStarStarStar

0 comments: