Wednesday, November 24, 2004

A strange thing happened...

I cleaned the kitchen again. I hate cleaning the kitchen. No, I really hate cleaning the kitchen.

Why?

Because everyone in my family keeps shit. We just don't like throwing stuff away. And we like buying new shit!

The more shit the better, right?

Criminey!

With me it's CDs. With my mother its cookbooks and craft stuff she's never going to use. (The cookbooks she reads and sometimes actually makes stuff from)

Last night I pitched so many magazines I lost count. Would you believe we had Good Housekeeping (ha ha ha) from 1986 in our kitchen? Yeah, such is the life.

And I need to start going through stuff in my rooms, because I have to put my Charlie Brown-ish Christmas tree up this weekend. My tiny tree helps me get into the spirit of the holiday that only depresses me.

But anyway. I cleaned...and I cleaned, and I cleaned some more. (I'm still not quite done) I wonder if I'll ever really finish the kitchen? Probably not. Because inevitably there will be more stuff piling up. More Taste of Home magazines, that you cannot toss, because there might be something in it that could prove useful, more coupons from the Sunday paper that don't get thrown out after they expire. (Let's not even start with that)

But there's one plus to this time of year. The cleaning makes me feel useful. And at home I don't usually feel that way. I can't cook. (other than microwaving stuff) And if I've not been encouraged to do it, then I just don't. I could be a master chef at heart and I wouldn't know it. Sad, isn't it?

But I will say this for myself, I'm a cleaning machine! I love love love to clean! OK, I don't, but I do enjoy throwing stuff away. (as long as it's not mine!)

But since the cleaning bug still has me, I'll be junking some of my things today too. Yay! ~cough~ Grrr!

Wish me and the cleaning bug luck!

Giving Thanks

I'm thankful that Thanksgiving is only one day! Cos my family fights like a bunch of looney toons on this holiday!

Turkey

0 comments: