Wednesday, November 17, 2004

25 things I learned about myself this year

It's getting close to that time of year when everyone looks back and reflects on the year that's past. That's probably why people get depressed at the holidays, they've looked back on the past year and saw all the wasted opportunities. I'm no different.

This is just a small list of things that I discovered about myself and life this year.

01. I'm a solitary person and probably always will be.
02. Never take vacations with friends if you like to do fun things and want to spend your money on fun things.
03. Atlantic City is my favorite place.
04. Drives that seemed exceedingly long when I was a child aren't so long now that I'm 30.
05. Turning 30 wasn't as traumatizing as I thought it would be.
06. My online friends have been more supportive and more understanding when I needed them than the friends that surround me at home.
07. Writing is something that I have to do and not just something I want to do for fun anymore, even if people never read what I write.
08. I may add artists to my musical tastes, but those that I loved once will always remain, even if they are embarassing, like Def Leppard.
09. Pittsburgh is the worst city for concerts.
10. I have a very sappy side, that comes out at the worst possible times.
11. I can't go a day without listening to music.
12. Never travel with someone that doesn't like the same music as you do.
13. Sometimes the places nearest to you are just as pretty as those far away.
14. I can drink 4 amaretto sours and not get drunk
15. I love to walk but I need to be motivated to do so when it's going to be my daily exercise.
16. 25 lbs goes on faster than it comes off.
17. Paying 30 bucks to exercise will motivate me to get out of the house.
18. Unemployment sucks
19. Concerts can be fun as long as they aren't in Pittsburgh, see numer 9 for the reason why.
20. Having front row seats to a concert does not always mean that you'll enjoy the experience.
21. Fondue is really really really really good. (especially chocolate fondue)
22. Taking photos with a digital camera is an addicting past time.
23. Driving to Pittsburgh isn't as annoying as driving to Monroeville.
24. Musicals are still one of my favorite forms of entertainment
25. I'm entirely too insecure for my own good.

0 comments: