Sunday, August 01, 2004

Musical Genres

Musical Genres

I found this at an Livejournal survey site and I thought I'd post my answers here.

Musical Genres
Who is your favorite singer/band from the following musical genres?

I'm going to list singers with the bands in parenthethesis for the most part

+ pop: Harrison/Lennon/McCartney/Starr (The Beatles)
+ rock: Elvis Costello and the Attractions/Imposters (whoever else may be backing him)
+ rap: Will Smith
+ r'n'b: Smokey Robinson (The Miracles)
+ country: Alan Jackson (I don't like much country mind you)
+ techno: Andy Bell (If you count Erasure as Techno-pop)
+ industrial: Trent Reznor (NIN)
+ heavy metal: Joe Elliot (Def Leppard)
+ alternative: Back in the day, R.E.M. was alternative so Michael Stipe)
+ soft rock: Justin Hayward (Moody Blues)
+ oldies: I object to this category...Objection!!! I will not put any of my hunnies in this category. GAH! The Beatles are not Oldies But if I must..the only band I'd put here...Three Dog Night.
+ ska: Dave Wakeling (English Beat/General Public)
+ goth: Peter Murphy (Bauhaus)
+ punk: Joe Strummer (The Clash)
+ new wave: Simon LeBon (Duran Duran)
+ disco: Frida & Agentha (ABBA)
+ indie: Chris Jones (Montage) Gee haven't heard from him in ages
+ new age: Enya
+ classical: Sarah Brightman

0 comments: