Wednesday, August 04, 2004

The Most Beautiful Love Story Ever

The Most Beautiful Love Story Ever

Also the saddest love story ever. What am I talking about? The Phantom of the Opera. I have loved that story since I first heard the music for the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical when I was in high school.

Perhaps it started with a love affair with Michael Crawford's voice. It doesn't take much to realize that man has a voice of an angel, and he along with the wonderful Sarah Brightman are the reasons that show is etched into the hearts of so many.

I highly recommend the novel by Gaston Leroux to everyone. It's not a long book by any means and it's really entertaining. Plus you'll get to meet characters that most of the movies and the musical left out.

When I went to see De-lovely this past weekend, I found out that the movie version of the Lloyd-Webber musical is coming out for Christmas. It's out in limited release on December 3.

I'm kinda excited about it too. If you want to see the trailer click here.You'll be pleased, or not pleased to know that the stars of the movie aren't likely anyone that you've heard of.

Yay! Cos the only name in contention for the role of the Phantom that I'd be able to live with was Hugh Jackman. The idea of Antonio Banderas as the Phantom was making me physically ill for awhile. So, needless to say I'm happy about this, at least as long as everyone can sing.

And while I'm on the subject of singing, I read on one of the sites about the film that there should be a new song or two added to the movie version. (Much like they added You Must Love Me to Evita)

It's definitely something to look forward too.



Emily Rossum is Christine and Gerard Butler plays Erik, the Phantom.

I can't wait!

0 comments: