Thursday, August 12, 2004

Rainy Days...

Just some more ramblings on this wet dreary Thursday, and I don't think it can get any more miserable looking than it already is.

~ It's only the 12th of August but I swear half the internet has gone back to school or something, cos they all disappeared. I never realized that half my online friends were in college. God, that's depressing and makes me feel old.

~ The first stuff is filtering in from that Monte Carlo yesterday. I feel nothing but a deep abiding anger over this concert and reception. It's more than jealousy. I really feel like a certain blonde (ha! he's about as much blonde as I am) was being a snob. To understand my anger, you have to go to the Moody Blues offical site and read the special message from Justin all the way through.

I'll be giving Lodgey all my love for a bit, cos right now, Justin is on my shit list.



It's hard not to love that face.


~ That list of CDs that I want keeps growing. Dammit, U2 are now added to the growing list of music that I need need to buy. That list doesn't include artists that I really want to hear more of. A few of the people from Art of the Mix, have got me listening to the Mermaid Avenue CDs that were done by Billy Bragg and Wilco and now I want to listen to more of each of those artists.

So add them to

Caroline Lavelle
Elvis Costello
Duran Duran
Joshua Payne
Jamie Cullum
U2
(possibly the Moody Blues if the reissues actually happen)
Joe Jackson
Diana Krall
Davy Jones (don't ask)
Cyndi Lauper (I still haven't got her latest)
Stereophonics
Blur

GAH! The list goes on and on

~ I was listening to a Christmas mix cd last night. Yeah, you read that right, a Christmas mix. I don't know what brought it on, except I just needed something to make me happy. So whose Christmas mix did I put on? Moody Mistress', which is full of Moody Blues Christmas music from the December CD. At least Don't Need a Reindeer was on there, so all was not lost. All I can say is..dang Moody Men, you sure know how to depress a happy season, in a beautiful way, of course, but still.

~ Favorite musical quote: "Where's the real life in your illusion." Thank you, go out to Simon Lebon for that one. It's from the song Vertigo (Do the Demolition) of the album Notorious.

I think those are enough ramblings for now. Not much going on in my life, just plugging away at the current story and reading a bit. I still haven't made a mix cd, but oddly I'm just not in the mood, even though I have a few different ideas for themes.

I guess that's just the way things go.

0 comments: