Monday, August 09, 2004

Monday Music Mambo

Music Mambo

Music evokes many emotions in people and can affect your moods in many ways. That's the subject of this weeks Music Mambo. So to get started let's do something a little wacky. Using the letters E-M-O-T-I-O-N, tell us how music affects you on an emotional level. You can use song lyrics, poetry...anything you want. Oh and since there are so many vowels, the letters don't always have to be the first letter of the world. Just bold that letter...and have fun!

Everything about about the Moody Blues makes me emotional
Moody pretty much describes how I feel right now
Only because some nasty Moody man did a special concert in Monte Carlo for stinking rich fans yesterday.
Totally wrong of him.
I'm not really happy about that, cos I'm not stinking rich.
Oh and did I mention the champagne breakfast he's having for them?
Now can I pop Justin in the nose, cos he's made me moody?

This week, since we're on a mood/emotion theme, I'm going to list some moods and you tell us the song that makes you feel that way or makes you think of that emotion.

Are you ready to mambo? Good, then let's get dancing!

Happy: Moody Blues - Vintage Wine

And I look to the future with open arms
And the songs that flow from my old guitar
And I want to be there when the music plays
And the lights go up on the empty stage

Oh I tell you
Music set me free
Oh I tell you
It sounds so good to me


Sad: Moody Blues - It's Cold Outside Your Heart

The longer the shadows
Become in my life
The colder the breeze seems to be
The days roll on by
Still I can't quite believe
That someone's not waiting for me


Angry: Moody Blues - Leave This Man Alone

Someone said I loved you, but I can't think where (I can't think where)
You know so much about me
So don't stand and stare, stand and stare
Leave me, leave me, leave me, leave my mind alone
Leave me, leave me, leave me, leave this man alone


I'm not sure, Justin's good at writing angry. He's good at looking squirrelly though.



Amorous: Moody Blues - Deep

Every time I hear the sound of the rain
Beating on my roof again
I want to taste your love
And I want to go deep
Deep
I want to go deep
Deep
I want to go deep


Uh, oh my...

Dreamy: Moody Blues - Shadows on the Wall (a Lodgey song)

Chasing shadows on the wall
Chasing shadows as they dance on the floor
Chasing dreams that were forever young
Now I'm on my own
Chasing shadows on the wall
Shadows on the wall


Freaked: Moody Blues - Top Rank Suite

They made a good bowl of chili at the jazz club
They played a good game of football in Mucron
They got everyone off at the Top Rank babe
If you could ever get into their suite
Avenue Tombola and Social
We just drove right on by
We were on our way to the big time babe
To the great gold record in the sky


This is probably the strangest Haywardian song, but also the funkiest. It's from the album, Octave and it kicks boot-tay!

Independent: Moody Blues - Talkin Talkin

Talking, talking
It doesn't really matter
If you know my name
It doesn't really matter
If you see things the same
As I do
It doesn't even matter
If I'm tied and tense
It doesn't even matter
If I'm still making sense
Over you
I'm just talking, talking
Talkin, talking
Cos I'm only talking, talking
Talking, talking


Misunderstood: I've got 2 for this one, cos I can't decide. Both are Lodgey tunes

Moody Blues - Talking Out of Turn

But I took a little more of your each day
When I didn't see that I was breaking you apart
With angry words of love I didn't mean
Oh why, can't believe that I ever would
Talk myself out of tomorrow
Talked like a fool to yesterday
And as the evening loses colour
Your love began to fade away

Talking out of turn
Shot to pieces
When will I learn
Talking out of turn
Shot to pieces
When will I learn


Moody Blues - Words You Say

Words you say to me
I'm living in fantasy
If I don't know what it is
I simply ignore you.

I hear you every night
I listen but the time is never right
My life is so confused
What more can I tell you?

Don't turn and walk away
Don't leave this way
Something I can't control
You are in my heart and soul.




Well I guess this is more of a Moody Mambo, eh?

Special thanks to the Moody Blues for making this possible!

0 comments: