Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Not In The Mood

I went to bed last night at 10:30. I don't know if I was just really tired or just drained or maybe a bit of both.

I finished the story I've been working on for the past month. I'm going to look it over today, because I'm not sure that I like the ending. It needed to end where it did, but I'm just not sure if it feels right. I hate when that happens.

There are also a lot of things I left open on this one, mainly because I like the silly harlequinny type plot I had, and I may develop the story into something more. (just have to change two people's names)

So I spent my evening after I was done, debating what my next writing project should be, and the conclusion I came to was that I need to take a break. I've turned out at least 7 stories in the past year and one finished novel. I worked for months on another novel only to end up with it in the recycle bin because I just didn't like it. I've never done that before.

I have a better idea of what I want to do with that one now. I spent part of yesterday outlining the characters I want to keep and their backgrounds. That's something I don't do, usually. I can keep most things in my head. So for anyone that had been reading Not My Slave, it's not totally dead yet, but it's not ready to be brought back to life.

I really think that taking a breather for a few days from writing stories etc might be the best way to go to get my mind clear, and to figure out what story I want to work on next. This might just be a good excuse to get me out of the house a bit more after work. I spend way too much time on this computer as it is.

We'll see how it goes. Cos frankly I'm not in the mood for much of anything right now.

0 comments: