Monday, August 23, 2004

Music Mambo

Ok. Time for the second meme of the week. I may get back on track this week and do all my regulars, but that depends on how things go at work this week. I guess we'll see in a few hours.


A big hello to all the Mamboers out their in Blogland!

Music is a part of most everyone's life. We hear it when we're at the mall, at restaurants and sometimes even in our place of work. That's the focus of this week's mambo. How music affects us and shapes our lives.

Yup, this mambo is going deep!

So to start out this week, we'll do a little "I say ____, You think ____." (Music style, of course)

Drums: Pete Thomas - The best drummer in the world
Station: to Station - David Bowie
Concert: Things that suck when they are in Pittsburgh.
MP3: Things that make the RIAA really pissed off.
CD: I have about 3000 of them
Burn: Baby Burn, its a disco inferno
Seven: and the Ragged Tiger - Duran Duran
Who: Are You Now - Blue Jays
London:is Behind Me - Justin Hayward
Vinyl: Things like this Album that are hard to buy these days.


Ok, so are you ready to really Mambo? Ok then, let's get dancing.


1. What is your definition of music? (What it means to you, etc)

Music is life...it's expression at it's best. It's sustanence for the soul. It's a three minute novel. It's everything that you want it to be...and it's more.


2. What do you say about music? (Do you talk about bands and songs or do you gossip about the artists...that sort of thing)
What don't I say about music? I talk about bands, their touring schedules, the release dates of albums and singles, the charts, videos. You name it, I've discussed it. I've also bitched and moaned about it.

I also gossip, cos damn that's fun. I pick on the performers and their wives, cos that's even more fun. With me nothing is sacred.


3. Here's a quote by Arnold Bennett about music, "Its language is a language which the soul alone understands, but which the soul can never translate." Tell us what your thoughts on that quote.
I fell in love with this quote when I read it a few days ago, which is why I wanted to share it in some way on the Mambo. Music is a universal language. It touches something inside you, but it touches everyone differently. I think each soul translates the sounds in its own way, that's why everyone has different tastes in music. What fun would it be, (except to record company execs) if we all liked the same thing.


And my favorites are







To show you but a few!

0 comments: