Sunday, August 15, 2004

Sunday Morning Ramblings and Stuff!

Sunday Morning Ramblings and Stuff

~ I've accomplished quite a bit on the list from this weekend. Shall I elaborate? Yes, I think I shall.

1. Walked 4 miles yesterday. Took two walkies, both were 2 miles each, so yay me!
2. Got some interesting pictures of the scenery as I walked. (namely pictures of the flora and such on Meadow Avenue in my tiny hamlet of Charleroi on Mon)
3. Wrote about 3 1/2 pages in my current story
4. Am nearly done with one out of the two books I'm reading.

I probably won't finish both books and I know that mix CD isn't happening yet, but I think the rest of the to do list is coming along well. Expect to see the photos posted here soon. Now if I could only do some CD shopping!

~ I dreamt about a Moody Blues song. This is just sad. Minstrel's Song appeared to me in a dream, and guess what! It's stuck in a loop in my head. I usually prefer to have a few hours of awakeness before the first song gets stuck in my head, today I wake up with one there. Thanks John! Thanks Justin! (cos it's Justin's harmony, in particular, that's stuck in my head)

~ A little over a month until my next mini-vacation! Yay for going back to Atlantic City. Yay for going to Longwood Gardens! Yay for digital cameras! You are going to see so many pictures this time that it's going to be sickening. I'm warning you now. I may have to start and actual photoblog for all of them.

Speaking of the photoblog, I have my little dinky fotolog. I'm just wondering should I start a new one for the photo memes and so I can have someplace to do the 26 Things?

~ Stupid celebrity quote of the day

"I don't do many interviews. I don't like reading back in print what I said. I have difficulty in expressing myself, and I don't believe I have much to say anyway."
New Musical Express, 12-1971


I hope he doesn't still mean this. At least that part about having difficulty expressing himself. The man has several hundreds of songs to his credit. If that's not expressing himself I don't know what is. He also sends personal updates to his official site every so many months, and when this man has a bug in his britches, the world knows it. (at least the world that reads his squirrelly rants)

Have you guessed who made the stupid celebrity quote? I bet you have.

If you guessed Justin Hayward...You get a cookie



Not always thinking before he's speaking, methinks. I can grasp what he's saying but I stand by this...The man has plenty to say and a lot of it is intelligent. (Even if the intelligence doesn't come out in print)

What celebrity will I catch next in the act of sounding stupid?

~ Sunday Brunch

1. Did you like or dislike high school?
I hated high school with a passion. I wasn't popular. I wasn't pretty. I wasn't a cheerleader. I was a geek who wrote silly stories and tried too hard to fit in. I never did, I never will. (oh and frankly...I've tried to blot those years out of my life through selective memory loss)

2. Walk to school, ride the bus or catch a ride with someone?
Over the course of my school career, all three. In grade school, the two elementary schools were about 5 or 6 blocks from my house, so I walked. In junior high and high school I'd either ride the bus or make someone take me.

3. What was your favorite subject?
English. Even though the school system picks some pretty horrible literature for students to read. That was always my favorite subject, especially in high school, when you got to pick books of your own choosing to read and take tests on. I even made up a few of the tests as extra credit. I did the test on Gaston Leroux's Phantom of the Opera. Yup I'm a nerd!

4. When it came to doing homework, did you do it right away, wait 'til the last minute or just do it whenever you felt like it?
When I actually did my homework, I did it during study hall, so I didn't have to drag the books home, cos they were always pretty damn heavy.

5. Would you go to your high school reunion?
Not for all the money in the world (ok, maybe for that)
Not for all the tea in China.
Ok, only if Justin Hayward, Elvis Costello and John Lodge are my dates.

In other words, I'll go when hell freezes over, donkey's and pigs fly and there's complete and total world peace.

0 comments: