Friday, August 13, 2004

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th

I just had to notice what date it was. No, actually that was LadyStarlight's fault for telling me about it yesterday.

So today is likely going to be one of those days where you wish you stayed in bed. Of course, this whole week has kinda been like that. Courtesy of those lovely storms hitting Florida, we've been getting pounded with rain and it's been unseasonably cold. Yeah, you read that right, cold!

The good thing is that cold weather promotes good sleep and good sleep promotes good dreams, and hell, I need a few of those. As always I had my Moody Blues dream. I don't think I've ever dreamt about one of my obsessions as much as I do these guys. I don't dream about the whole band, just one member, Lodgey. This time I was running around trying to take a picture of him, but he kept getting away. The worst part was that I was talking to him, and damn it, I couldn't get a picture.

It's a recurring theme in my dreams that I'm trying to catch something that's just out of reach. Mind you John Lodge is kinda way out of reach.

In my mind confusion
I see you everywhere
But we don't speak
I try so hard to touch you
But you're always out of reach
If you walked right by
Would I see in it your eye
Would you turn away


These lyrics from John's song 'Nervous' from the Moody Blues album Long Distance Voyager suit this situation perfectly.

I guess we all need to dream though and I cant think of anything better to dream about than Lodgey.



To quote Lodgey..

"I don't want to wake up now....I don't want to wake up now...."

0 comments: