Monday, August 02, 2004

Monday Music Mambo

Monday Music Mambo

Barely up to posting, but I'll do the Mambo...and only because I'm obligated. I'm not really up for any memes this week. I'll try to do the ones I have to do though..and this is one of them..


A little I say...You think...Musical style...I'm going to post 10 words..and you tell me what songs or bands these words make you think of.

jazz:All That Jazz - Chicago Soundtrack
white: A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procal Harum
goodbye: is forever - Arcadia
summer: breeze - John Lodge
avenue: Natural Avenue - John Lodge
hungry: like the wolf - Duran Duran (Rio)
blue: world - The Moody Blues
moon: As Long As The Moon Can Shine - Justin Hayward (from Classic Blue)
fire: Hairdresser on Fire - Morrissey
bird: And Your Bird Can Sing - The Beatles

Now it's time to get our mambo on....are you ready?

5 bands that you can't live without
The Beatles
The Monkees
Elvis Costello (and whoever is backing him)
Erasure
The Moody Blues


4 albums that are important to you
December - The Moody Blues
Rubber Soul - The Beatles
Beatles 65 - The Beatles
The Other Side of Life - The Moody Blues

3 of your favorite songs
Talking Out of Turn - The Moody Blues
Vintage Wine - The Moody Blues
Crimes of Paris - Elvis Costello

2 albums that you've bought recently
Bernie Barlow - Golden
Delovely - Original Soundtrack

1 Band [or Artist] whose music has would be described as writing the soundtrack of your life.
I'm going to be truthful. I'm not going to say the Moody Blues have been the soundtrack to my life, because they've not been in my life enough. Though they crept into it many times. Even Elvis Costello, who I have loved for two years now strongly and for a year in high school doesn't deserve this honor. I can only give it to one band, that's always been there in some form, whether it be solo works or the bands albums.



The Beatles.

0 comments: