Friday, August 31, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 139

From Music Memoirs

Top 5 best opening lines in rock music

I've really really had to think on this one and I decided some of the best openers come from one man, Elvis Costello. So he's getting the whole top five this week from me.

I Hope You're Happy Now
He's a fine figure of a man and handsome too
With his eyes upon the secret places he'd like to undo


Episode Of Blonde
I spy for the "Spirit of Curiosity"
All the scandals of each vain monstrosity
I gossip and I pry and I insinuate
If the failure is great
Then it tends to fascinate


I'm Not Angry
You're upstairs with the boyfriend while I'm left here to listen.
I hear you calling his name, I hear the stutter of ignition.


Pump It Up
I've been on tenterhooks
ending in dirty looks,
list'ning to the Muzak,
thinking 'bout this 'n' that.
She said that's that.
I don't wanna chitter-chat.
Turn it down a little bit
or turn it down flat.


How To Be Dumb
I was hell-bent on destroying my powers of concentration
While you were living like a saint
And all the time the very one you trusted was washing off
somebody else's paint


Listen in..

0 comments: