Friday, August 03, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - 135

This week's Music Memoirs Top 5 topic brought to you by a Pickled Herring. My brain thanks that Fishy too, because after the week I had, there were no creative topics to be found in there.

Top 5 musical acts you would travel more than a hundred miles to see.

The first 2 are artists that I've traveled 100 miles or more to see.

1. The Moody Blues: All but one time that I've seen them has been in a venue in another state. I've seen the guys in Youngstown, OH; Cincinnati, OH; and Atlantic City, NJ.




Would I travel that far to see them again? In a word, NO. I love them, but that love has been waning lately.

2. Gary Puckett: I went to Hersheypark to see him last June. Great show too. Gary is a total sweetheart



What a bunch of goobers. Would I travel to see Gary again? Yes. I had wanted to go to the show in Lancaster, but there were too many bands with him that I wasn't keen on seeing to spend about $55 for. Personally, LAR Enterprises, needs to bring him to The State Theater in Uniontown.

3. Elvis Costello: I would love to see him in a friendly venue, as opposed to any of the rat holes in Pittsburgh.


This photo was taken at his last appearance in Pittsburgh, with the camera I smuggled inside a bra. Muhahaha!

4. Nick Lowe: I want to see Nick terribly. He's coming to Philly. Three words. I HATE Philly. I'd travel to see him anywhere but there.



Nick is one fine looking old geezer. Wait. He's younger than the guy in the first picture. Something is wrong here.

5. Grey Eye Glances: I want to see this band so badly, however they stick near Philly too. Damn them! Driving through Philly is only done when I'm headed to Atlantic City!!!



Jennifer Nobel is my idol. If I were in that phase of life where you try to emulate celebrities etc. I think I would want to try to look her. I would probably fail miserably, but I would try.

Honorable mention: Paul McCartney, I would travel to see him if I could afford the ticket. Diana Krall, I would travel to see her, if her hubby was with her.

0 comments: