Saturday, August 18, 2007

I Miss My Cassette Player

Why?

Because I have a stack of cassettes that I really want to listen to, but can't, because my stereo's CD player is shot.

Blergh.

I refuse to spend money on a fancy stereo system when most of my music just goes to my computer to be burned on mix cds or transfered to one of my mp3 players.

I have a nice tiny desktop system I bought at Macy's for $40 last Christmas. It's perfect and has an auxiliary hookup for my turntable. Yes, folks, I still own and play vinyl. I love vinyl. I fact this past spring I stole...erm borrowed 2 of my sister's Gordon Lightfoot albums. Don't tell her she's never going to see them again, m'kay?

A few of the cassettes I found, aren't available on CD or if they were they are long out of print. The only place I can play these tapes are in my father's car, and even that isn't quite as nice as my stereo was.

I probably should toss them out, but my heart can't let go.

0 comments: