Friday, August 10, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 136

From Music Memoirs


Top 5 artists you loved in college.


I listened to some pretty odd stuff from 1992-1996 when I attended California University of PA.

1. Michael Crawford - Yes, that would be the Phantom Of The Opera. The only Phantom worth mentioning in my book. I loved musicals. I still do. The only difference is now I can't afford to go see them. Pooh!

2. Sarah Brightman - Dive and Unexpected Songs were the two albums I owed at the time. I loved the song Meadowlark, and well, everything on Dive. I think Sarah does really good new agey pop music.

3. Duran Duran - I didn't get into Duran Duran until The Wedding Album. After that it was just a bad thing. They became an addiction for several years. They aren't as huge a part of my musical life these days, but I still like them.

4. Erasure - I Say I Say I Say came out when I was in college. It was one of my favorite albums, and I was extremely happy to walk in a Sam Goody store and find the CD Single for Always. It brought me much joy.

5. Alison Moyet - Half of Yazoo and one hell of a great voice. I had to discover Erasure to discover her. It was definitely worth it. Alf has one of the best voices out there.

0 comments: