Wednesday, August 08, 2007

When The Going Gets Tough

The tough get Prozac. Now pass the prozac. The dad situation is not too good. I'll be taking 2 vacation days on Monday and Tuesday because he's going to be having a heart cath.

They already know there's a valve that isn't working properly and they want to see if there are any blockages etc.

I don't know why this came as a shock to me. I was expecting something like this, really I was, but hearing it was like a blow to the gut. I saw the doctor typing in what was wrong with him, and I felt the air being squeezed out of me, because I knew that nothing he was typing could be good. When do doctors ever type good things into the computer? Especially cardiologists.

I should be used to this, right? Mom's been through it more times than I can count.

Right now I'm feeling totally numb. I refuse to cry. Crying is a waste of energy. It doesn't even do me any good, and believe me I'd know, I've spent more than my share of crying over the last few months. Crying gets you nowhere and nothing.

I'm not a deeply religious person, but right now if any of you send prayers our way, it would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully God hasn't forgotten my family and he'll make everything turn out well on Monday, or at least as well as they can be.

0 comments: