Wednesday, August 29, 2007

If my life were a musical

It's no surprise that I love musicals. I have since I was in high school. I feel a close bond with so much of the music. I've always thought it would be great to be on the Broadway stage, however there is one small thing that stops me. My voice curdles milk. Seriously, it does.

I've always loved the fact that in musicals people randomly burst into song. And they don't get beat up when they do.

I've felt connected to so many characters. But the musical that has the songs closest to my heart is Chess, written by the guys from ABBA and Tim Rice.

My two favorite songs from that show are Someone Else's Story and Nobody's Side. Though I have to say all the songs sung by the character Florence Vassy seem to hit a nerve.

It's that I've been screwed over, but I can't or won't move on mentality that I seem to get caught up in so often.

I find myself gravitating to these songs when my life it's a point where I need to get all my emotions out. I'll stand in my room with CD Player or computer blaring and sing at the top of my lungs. Let me tell you lately I've been singing Someone Else's Story more than I'd like to admit. Feel sorry for the people in my house. Really. Feel sorry for them!

0 comments: