Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Take Me Back Tuesday - Week 134

From Music Memoirs

I know. I'm a day late and a dollar short this week. Things were crazy yesterday though.

Are there any bands that you like now that you didn't like when you first heard them?
Most of the bands that I like from the 80's I didn't like then. It took The Wedding Album for me to obtain my deep and misplaced love for Duran Duran. In the 80's I hated them. They were overplayed and obnoxious. Now they wish they could get some airplay, however they are still obnoxious.

What bands that don't record anymore do you miss the most?
Oh there are so many. Oingo Boingo is high on the list. Glass Tiger is another one, though they still tour. So many of my favorite 60's bands aren't recording anymore. It would be fantastic to hear new material from Herman's Hermits or The Grass Roots. All you get from these people are those independently done live recordings. Blergh.

Did you ever buy an album by an artist you didn't necessarily like but because everyone else had a copy, you had to as well. If so, what was it.

In a word yes. I've done it twice and I'm ashamed of both albums. I own a copy of Michael Jackson's Thriller on vinyl ~shudders~ I also own a copy of Nirvana's Nevermind. BLERGH! I have no idea why I bought that one, except that I was caught up in the wave of bad music that started in the early 90's. I hate Nirvana with a passion that cannot be described. I will say one thing, I don't have that cassette anymore. It got tossed in the garbage, where it belongs, because I find Nirvana's music, and I use the word music very lightly, to be garbage.

0 comments: