Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Take Me Back Tuesday - Week 136

From Music Memoirs

What bands from the 90's that have broken up do you miss?
Semisonic though I'm not sure they've officially broken up, but they haven't had a "real" release since.
Are Smash Mouth still around? I saw that Sugar Ray was doing a concert this year, but I think that I miss looking at the lead singer rather than listening to them, though I have to say I really loved that Every Morning song, even though it was played into the ground.

What was your favorite song from that decade?
There were quite a few good songs from the 90's
Semisonic - Closing Time
Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
Sarah McLachlan - Building a Mystery
Matchbox Twenty - Push
Garbage - I'm Only Happy When It Rains

What was your favorite album?
If I'm totally honest with you....




How did you feel about the whole "grunge" genre that popped up in the early 90's?
One genre that singlehandedly made an entire generation of people not wash or comb their damn hair and the music itself was vile with very few exceptions. I won't even start on my "Kurt Cobain was a talentless man" rant because it's not nice to speak unkindly of the dead. Suffice to say grunge = crap in my book.

What was your favorite 1 hit wonder of that decade?
Hands down it had to be Chumbawumba's Tubthumper. That one still gets stuck in my head every time I hear it.

* Note: Elvis Costello doesn't make the list, though he had some of his most awesome music in the 90's, I wasn't listening to him much then. Actually I wasn't listening to him at all.

0 comments: