Tuesday, August 28, 2007

5 Years Blogging

Today is my 5 year bloggerversary? Where are my presents?

Somehow I didn't think I'd get any.

Pooh!

5 years. 5 long years. Looking back, I've been through a lot. The change of jobs more times then I could count. The change of cars. I've written several stories and 2 novels in that period of time. My musical tastes have become stranger and stranger. I've learned to love photography and the ocean.

I've dealt with the loss of 2 beloved pets and 2 friends that I felt were close to me. One that I had talked to for years and another that was a more recent acquaintance.

I've been to several concerts and met several of the performers.

I've gained and lost weight. I've been a member of two gyms.

I've acquired several digital cameras and 3 mp3 players.

That's quite a lot for 5 years, yet I feel as if most of my life has been at a stand still. I'm not content. I want more out of my life than what I've been getting.

I don't know if I'm looking for the elusive happiness or if I just want a certain amount of change, that my mind is resisting. I long for something different and yet I know I'm not quite ready for it. I want something but only after something else happens, if that makes any sense at all.

In 5 more years I'll be 38. If I'm still blogging, I wonder if my life will be any different than it is now, if I'll have finally broken through those barriers that are keeping me in this rut.

Now my question to you....what have you learned about me, in the course of reading my ramblings over the years.

0 comments: