Friday, August 17, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 137

From Music Memoirs

Top 5 "earworms" that you actually like getting stuck in your head.

1. Cliff Richard - Climbing Up Mount Everest
This is my favorite earworm. I put it on so many mix CDs that it's ridiculous. When it comes on, I'm giddy and it stays in my head for ages afterwards

2. The Moody Blues - Vintage Wine
The catchyness of this song is criminal. It's also criminal that this song was never done live. There's not much redeeming in the album Sur La Mer, but this song has to be one of the best. It's bouncy. It's happy. It's annoying as all hell in a good way. Bless you for this one, Jus.

3. Manfred Mann - The Mighty Quinn
This song got stuck inside my head the first time I saw the short clip/video on Vh-1 Classic. I always feel good after hearing it, and it always sticks with me too.

4. Elvis Costello - Tart
This song has a history of popping into my head when watching the food network. All a chef has to do is make a "tart" and there it is...wrapping around my brain.

Tart....and the flavor is...Tart!

A very strange yet oddly enjoyable song by Mr. Costello.

5. Rob Thomas - Ever The Same
They play this one a lot on BOB FM...and I do mean a lot. I didn't know what it was until someone asked for the song on a livejournal community and I played it while uploading it.

Honorable mentions go to Elvis Costello for Crimes of Paris, Monkey to Man and Battered Old Bird, The Moody Blues for Don't Need A Reindeer and Lovely To See You, and Gary Puckett & the Union Gap for Lady Willpower

0 comments: