Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Take Me Back Tuesday - Week 135

From Music Memoirs


Back in the day before the internet ruled the earth and people went to malls etc...

What was your favorite record store?

Oasis Music, which was a division of the National Record Mart chain was my very favorite. It was a huge store located near South Park off Route 88. My CD collection grew large partially due to that store. I loved it to pieces and went there at least twice a month.

Are there any non-chain stores that you still frequent for your music needs?

When I'm in Pittsburgh I try to hit Dave's Music Mine on the South Side. They have a huge vinyl section in the basement of the store, plus they carry imports! That's a big Squee for a girl that loves music from Europe.

What was your favorite "find" at your favorite store?
I found a Duran Duran poster at Oasis back in the early 90's from the early days. I can't remember if it was Rio era or Seven & The Ragged Tiger era, but the poster was mint, and I paid only 50 cents for it!!!

0 comments: