Friday, July 20, 2007

Top 5 On Friday

From Music Memoirs


Top 5 bands that make you wonder "where are they now"


1. Semisonic: The lead singer, Dan Wilson was supposed to do a solo album, but so far I've seen nothing, and I loved his vocals. And though they only had one hit, they had several albums. Looking at the website Dan co-wrote the song Not Ready To Make Nice with the Dixie Chicks. Hmmm I think I love him all the more, even though I'm not a country fan.


(click to buy @ Amazon)

2. Billie Myers: She did the song Kiss the Rain, and Am I Here Yet (Return To Sender). I think she's had one more single not too long ago in the UK. I love her voice and I want more damn it! And I'm sick of waiting.


(click to buy @ Amazon)

3. Cause & Effect: They were a Depeche Mode type sounding band from the 90's. 2 albums wonders...they made some good pop music though.


(click to buy @ amazon)

4. This Picture: And indie band from the 90's that had two albums, right now I can't even locate one of them on Amazon. They had a really mellow sound. I loved them for a brief time when I was in college, but it appears they have now faded into obscurity.

5. Figures On A Beach: A new wave band from Detroit. 2 albums and they were riding the obscurity superhighway, with nothing on the web to show that they existed, except one CD still can be found on Amazon, but no band info anywhere.


(click to buy @ Amazon)

0 comments: