Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Can I Just Say, ARGH!

Yesterday at about 12 o'clock I get a frantic call from my mother. My dad fell at our local grocery store and they were calling an ambulance.

So my frantic self called the boss, left work early and drove down there to check on him. It seems he blacked out and fell, smacking his chin on the buggy.

We sat in the emergency room at MVH for 4 hours before they told us they were going to admit him at least for overnight observation. He's on a heart monitor, because they feel that at his age, it should be something with his heart, never mind that he's prone to inner ear trouble, that he had a skin cancer removed from that area and that it was in the upper 80's yesterday and he had no business being out and about in the middle of the day, except that he was on a grocery store run for my mother.

The grocery store runs will be changing in a week or so. I'm going to go a little bit further into debt and buy them an appliance that they've been needing for a year or more now. I don't care anymore. I really don't. Everything will work out somehow. I'm not sure how, but it will.

Mom's still a mess. She's used to being the one in the hospital, not him. It's just all a muddle.

And did I mention that they found nothing wrong with him? Except that he cut his lip and bruised his shoulder?

So if I'm a bit scarce online...know that I'm having a mental breakdown. I need a shoulder...in fact my whole family does right now.

0 comments: