Friday, July 06, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 131

From "me" @ Music Memoirs

Top 5 albums that are at least 20 years old. (There's a stipulation however...all 5 albums cannot be by the same artist/band)

1. Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Blood And Chocolate


(click to buy @ amazon)

This one just makes the cut. It came out in 1986. It's quite possibly my absolute favorite Elvis Costello CD. No joke, not a bad song on this one. It's worth it just to hear Battered Old Bird, Crimes Of Paris and Blue Chair.

2. The Moody Blues - Seventh Sojourn


(click to buy @ amazon)

At the beginning of my Moodies love, this was the first album I found on vinyl. I played it to death. I don't know that the album is still alive even though it was only purchased a few years back.

3. George Harrison - George Harrison


(click to buy @ amazon)

Unspoiled George Harrison. So many pretty songs on this one, and all untouched by Jeff Lynne's evil hands! Yay!

4. Tom Petty - Damn The Torpedoes


(click to buy @ amazon)

If you own one Heartbreakers album, this one really should be it. Early Petty, again unspoiled by Jeff Lynne. (Are you sensing a pattern here? I hate Jeff Lynne)

5. Duran Duran - Seven & The Ragged Tiger


(click to buy @ amazon)

Take off the instrumental and this is a perfect album. I've been a fan of Duran Duran for years, but I'm hard pressed to be able to tell you that there's a completely good album by the band. There's usually one stink bomb per record. I can ignore an instrumental, so this one wins as my top album, followed by Notorious.

You may be asking yourself, why has The Mistress Of The Dark not used The Beatles in her post. It's quite simple. The Beatles are too much of a given, so I chose to go with other bands.

0 comments: