Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Erie Trip That's Not To Be

Well, as my sister just got the bill for her car's transmission, the plans we had for going to Erie this month were pretty much washed away. Funny, I'm not feeling too awful about it, because I think we'd be sleeping in our car or paying way too much money for a room at this point.

~sigh~

This has just been the summer of disappointments.

But then again, I'm getting closer to having the bulk of my debt paid off, so all in all it's not to bad, plus there are loads of things in the area that can be done. I want to go to The Good Zoo in Wheeling and The Pittsburgh Zoo. But right now I'm not even trying to contemplate things to do. It's not worth it, because it's likely to end in more disappointment. And when things don't turn out I end up just like a child. I sulk, whine and cry around.

Another thing that is keeping me from making too many plans far in advance is that my mom's pacemaker is down to it's last 25% on the battery which means at any given month it could hit the point where she'd have to have a minor surgery.

Perhaps this is a higher powers way of telling me that it's a year for staying home and getting things sorted out.

I just wish the staying home part didn't mean staying home and doing nothing.

Blergh!

0 comments: