Friday, November 23, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 151

From Music Memoirs.

Top 5 artists you wouldn't mind sharing Thanksgiving dinner with and why?

1. Justin Hayward & John Lodge of the Moody Blues - I'm going to count them as one. John can bring his wife, Justin can't. (It's a digestion thing....Marie is not easy on the eyes.) Why would I choose them? Well John can bring the wine, and on the holiday, the more wine you get the less likely you are to kill someone when they whine! I'd love to hear some of the stories they'd provide too.

2. Simon Lebon of Duran Duran - Comic relief comes from this guy. Plus if he were at dinner, there'd be no leftovers! Hmmm, maybe I should rethink inviting him, I like my leftovers! Then again, no matter how much I'd eat, I wouldn't feel fat with Simon around. Plus I could mock him about the badness of the last few Duran Duran albums.

3. Elvis Costello and his wife Diana Krall - Am I cheating? Probably. They can bring the twins too. It's always nice to have little ones around during the holidays. I wonder if they'd do a little impromptu concert? Maybe I could put a little bug in their ear to do an album together. Costello and Krall...ah that would be some pretty music.

4. Gordon Lightfoot - Here's another artist that has to have some interesting tales to tell. 40 + years in the music business and still going, perhaps not as strong as before, but he's still going. It helps that I wouldn't mind hearing Song For A Winter's Night played with just a guitar and Gordon's lovely voice.

5. Davy Jones of the Monkees - I love him. I have since I was 5 and I don't want to be the shortest person at the table!!! I'd invite him so I could have someone to flirt with, as all the others are married.

0 comments: