Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Countdown To Gluttony Day

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week. I can't believe I'm excited about it. It's not because of any family gatherings, because this year it's just going to be the regular crew that are always here + grandma. I think it's more that its just going to be a day off. Mind you its going to be a day off with some good food, that will mess up the diet I'm on, but it will still be good food.

I wonder how I can survive gluttony day without messing up the diet? I am really glad that we've bought very little holiday candy and that I'm not a fan of pie of the pumpkin variety. That would be a killer.

I still have about 10 lbs to go to get back to where I want to be, and I don't want one day of feasting to ruin it. It's been a long walk back to a lighter me. And it's much harder than it was a few years back when I was working at the local Curves part time and exercising more than any human should be.

The worst part about the more recent Thanksgiving meals is that I've been taking part in the preparing of a lot of the food. That means spoons will be licked etc. ARGH!

Why can't I be one of those stick thin wenches that don't seem to enjoy even a lettuce leaf?

0 comments: